1. The party for John Spooner’s latest book, No One Ever Told Us That, at Grille 23
2. Hanging out with Jackson Browne (pictured above) at Beyond Shelter, a benefit for Friends of Boston’s Homeless
3. Wearing a mop on my head and a coconut bra onstage at The Commonwealth Shakespeare gala at the Mandarin Oriental (pictured below). And no, I don’t remember doing it.
4. Moksa, Boston’s first Izayaka by chef Patricia Yeo
5. “Somebody That I Used to Know” by Gotye, feat. Kimbra
6. Coup Boston, the new online publication started by my friend Alex Hall
7. The bacon blue-cheese burger at Paddy’s in West Newton
8. Shooting the shit with Broadway legend and comedienne par excellence Bernadette Peters
9. Eric Levin of Elevin Studio taking it to the next level with his ingenious POSE photo-booth set-up
10. Asking pop chanteuse Paula Cole where, exactly, all the cowboys went.
Check out four of the distilleries who are making great craft spirits right in your backyard: Yo, ho, ho, and a bottle of booze!
1. Erbaluce and Chef Charles Draghi—a neighborhood gem with superlative food and service
2. Shad Roe. It’s in season!
3. The new Revere Hotel. They opened with a fashion show where the models walked down the side of the building. ‘Nuff said.
4. The Nasher Art Museum‘s Alexander Calder exhibit
5. The Duke Lemur Center
6. The Sarah P. Duke Gardens (pictured above)
7. The hush puppies at Bullock’s BBQ
8. My crazy-ass 25th Duke Reunion, seeing old friends (a few pictured below) and witnessing the madcap hilarity that ensued.
9. Revolution. Who knew?
10. Our new teak deck furniture by BarlowTyrie