1. Erbaluce and Chef Charles Draghi—a neighborhood gem with superlative food and service
2. Shad Roe. It’s in season!
3. The new Revere Hotel. They opened with a fashion show where the models walked down the side of the building. ‘Nuff said.
4. The Nasher Art Museum‘s Alexander Calder exhibit
5. The Duke Lemur Center
6. The Sarah P. Duke Gardens (pictured above)
7. The hush puppies at Bullock’s BBQ
8. My crazy-ass 25th Duke Reunion, seeing old friends (a few pictured below) and witnessing the madcap hilarity that ensued.
9. Revolution. Who knew?
10. Our new teak deck furniture by BarlowTyrie
Check out my interview with one of my favorite design duos, the guys from Rag and Bone: http://www.improper.com/features/david-neville-and-marcus-wainwright/
1. Courtney Lewis conducting the Discovery Ensemble at Jordan Hall.
2. Mark Schwindenhammer’s super-glam dinner party (photo of Jackelope doesn’t begin to describe it)
3. Meeting with Angela Peri at Boston Casting to discuss doing a TV show
4. Terry Connell’s 10 a.m. Wednesday yoga class at the Sports Club L.A., which FINALLY released my S.I. joint
5. Heyward Howkins‘ debut album, The Hale and Hearty
6. Parrot Tulips
7. The five 20-pound notes that fell out of the “authentication papers” from a hideous commemorative plate of Rapunzel that Sam and I bought 6 years ago for $5 at a pawn shop in NH with friends from London (Thanks for losing the dough, Lucy and Andrew!) On Ebay, it could be worth $256. Net: 376$ and counting.
8. Trader Joe’s Peach Pops
9. Escaping a hit-and-run accident on The Mass Pike unscathed
10. Sarah Wilkins (search my Facebook Wall for clarification)